Saturday, October 8, 2011

Shane has departed, to begin his big Aussie adventure! He stuck around long enough to get an Australian driver's license, tax file number and bank account and has headed out into the great beyond...or something like that?! He left this morning, with his giant backpack, to get the train to the Gold Coast. The other day when I was procrastinating and not writing about Alby (my fetal alcohol child, which ended up being very stressful and 31 pages and is finally handed in...NO MORE INDIVIDUAL UNI ASSIGNMENTS LEFT IN MY DEGREE! Unless I fail this one and need to redo it! Let's all cross our fingers that I pass!!!) we looked up a bunch of backpacker's hostels and hotels on the Gold Coast and I made Shane call them/apply on line to jobs. So, pretty accomplished and we'll see what happens. Now I just need to do that same thing for myself - apply for jobs...but it's a little more involved than just calling a hostel. Sigh! My resume has been prettied up, but I have to write to all sorts of selection criteria and it's very time consuming. I must say, looking at the income for these positions IS pretty friggin nice...I am 28 as of a few days ago and this year will finally be done school and getting a career!

Shane stuck around so that he could come to birthday celebrations for me. My friend Nicola's b-day is the day before mine so we had a joint thingy...dinner at the Polish Club and then we got a private karaoke room for an hour. It was a lot of fun...good people, good friends, good food, good beer, good Polish vodka! All the speechies in the group were also celebrating the "death" of Alby (aka handing in our giant assignment) so it was an extra super duper perfect night to celebrate!

The countdown continues: one ethics presentations, one community ed project, two exams and three more weeks of clinic until the END!

No comments:

Post a Comment