Thursday, October 27, 2011

UQ Speech Pathology Class of 2011 (Master's and Undergrads)

See me, can you see me?

Yesterday was my last lecture ever as a Speech Pathology student. Guess what? I MISSED IT. So annoyed! I mean, in one way it's good because it looked pretty boring, but really?! It was my last one and I've gone to every other one this semester! So what happened? Well...

Yesterday was also the day to hand in our YEAR LONG RESEARCH PROJECT WHICH IS NOW OVER WITH!!!!!!! A girl in my group had very nicely printed and bound it, and we needed to meet up to sign a cover sheet certifying that it was original work, etc. Then just hand it in. Easy, right? So I decided to flip through it, because I'm not sure why...but ofte people don't feel the need to proof read before printing?! So I did, and found that with our References sections, the title "References" had moved onto the previous page...uh, that is sooooooooooo not APA style. Hahahaha. So I had to be the annoying one, and be all like "OMG, we need to print and bind this again, we can't hand it in like this." (Well SERIOUSLY. We couldn't.) So we walked all the way to the other side of campus and had a big ordeal fixing things, then the printing came out wrong...basically it took half an hour to get it to an acceptable standard. Went and handed it in at the student unit, where the lady told us 'You need TWO copies". AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHDSFJHDJSKFHKJDHFJ!!! So we walked all the way BACK across campus to get another copy printed and bound, then across campus again to hand it in, FINALLY...and then by the time we got back to class, this little task which should have taken 10 mins at most had taken 1.5 hours! So yeah. We missed class.

However, we did NOT miss champagne. Yay for free champers from lecturers! Then we had a GEMS dinner (GEMS - Graduate Entry Master's Students) at a classy pizza joint. It was happy/sad.

So yeah...basically done and dusted (Aussie expression) with this course. Clinic tomorrow, exams the 10th and 18th of Nov...and then DONE DONE DONE!

P.S. You can click on the picture to make it bigger - then you might actually have a chance of finding me!

3 comments:

  1. Found you! Congratulations!!!
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked you out without even clicking on it LOL. Then when I finished reading your post I was like, OH I could have just clicked on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is talent!!! My head is so tiny! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete