Monday, October 10, 2011

It is difficult to administer phonological assessments to children who have different vowel sounds than you do! I feel like my life has been swallowed by school work. Things were supposed to get better after Alby - but it's been all report writing and discussion writing for thesis. Yesterday Jeremy and I escaped to the Gold Coast for a bit - played in the ocean, lay on the beach and found Shane at his hotel to bring him his hockey stick. He's definitely living the backpacker's life now - 12 bed dorm...no thanks! I think it will be an awesome experience for him though :)

This weekend brings two fun events - a change from the drudgery of constant work! Saturday is "Villahausenfest", an annual Oktoberfest type party held every year by Jim and Wendy's daughters at their house on Villa St (hence "Villahausen") in the next suburb over. Sarah's partner Bryan has a home brewing kit and he goes head to head with a few of his buddies trying to create the best home brew. There's a blind taste test and everything! I hope Wendy and Jim are there - we only seem to run into them at Sarah and Chantal's parties these days...note: invite W & J to dinner!! Sunday is my friend Alyssa's engagement party. It's a mid-morning event and apparently there will be nibbles and croquet! Jeremy, for some reason, has chosen not to attend this event!! Can you imagine him not wanting to go to such a thing?? Hahahaha. It's all good, there will be lots of girls from class there and we can croquet it up together.

I guess I should cut this short and go work on my discussion...SIGH. A bientot!

1 comment:

  1. You're almost done!!!! See the light at the end of the tunnell?? The finish line!!!!
    Love you, Ma

    ReplyDelete