New words/terms in my vocabulary this year:
- Life insurance
- Enduring power of guardianship
- Income protection
- GO OUT AT 11 PM, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?
- Professional indemnity insurance
Words/terms that have not come up
- Mortgage
- Baby
- Retirement
But seriously...am I like...responsible now???
Just some food for thought.
On a much much much more exciting note, Jeremy and I bit the bullet and booked our flights home for May/June 2014!!!!!!! We are arriving very late (11:25 pm) on the 18th of May and leaving the 5th of June. We are ready for an awesome wedding and some good catch ups - there are so many people I won't have seen for 3+ years by that time. It's craziness. Again, too little time, but Jeremy only gets three weeks and since I'm in the private practice business now, no work = no pay. EEEEEK!
Also good news, Jeremy found out that anaesthetics (rural) doesn't actually mean he has to go somewhere rural to do his anaesthetics rotation, but it DOES mean he's been accepted into the special rural GP program. So next year he has three rotations in Adelaide (so nine months) and then one rotation outside of Adelaide, in Port Lincoln. Three months away just sounds infinitely better than six months!
What else...oh yeah, lots of random events happening. Tonight I attended book club. We had read "The White Tiger" which won the Booker prize in 2008. I quite enjoyed it and we had a good discussion. I'm excited about the next book, which is a travel story about an Australian living in France and the cultural clashes that occur! We've also decided that our book club should check out some of the Fringe events coming up in Feb-March. It's a lovely group of ladies and I'm really enjoying it. Tomorrow after work, I'm going to a Christmas BBQ at one of the aged care residences that I work at and immediately afterward meeting friends in Glenelg to see Christmas carols by the beach. Friday I'm volunteering at Leveda's Christmas dance. Jeremy is working 12-9 Wed- Fri, and then has a 14 hour shift Sunday so he'll be pretty knackered, but he IS getting through surgery. I'm so proud of him!
That's enough for now. Hope everybody is enjoying December as much as I am!
I'm so happy that you are so happy!!
ReplyDeleteI'm also beyond happy that I will get to see you both soon!!! Is it May yet??
I think May will arrive pretty quickly! Can't wait...except for the flight(s)...but I'll deal with it! PS - will you come to the ping pong bar with me?!?
ReplyDeleteWhat is the ping pong bar?? I'll do anything as long as I get to be hanging out with you!
ReplyDeleteIt's a bar...where you play...PING PONG! I don't know why this makes me so happy but it does. Unfortunately it's somehow associated with The Cabin but I feel I can overlook this. Also, Le Nordik date!
ReplyDeleteI've never played ping pong.(especially not in a bar). Fousball yes, pinball yes.
ReplyDeleteWe might officially be too old for the cabin now! lol Hope they don't ask to see our IDs and then turn us away for being over 18!
LE NORDIK!!!!!!! spahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!