I got a present! From a client! I was at a home visit, and at the end D and his mum said "Stay here, don't leave" and he got into his wheelchair and they went off to another room. They told me to close my eyes and they came back in singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and presented me with this. So cute!
Work is super busy at the moment - tomorrow I have patients at 9, 9:30, 10, 10:30, 11, then at 11:30 I drive to a nursing home to do a swallowing assessment from 12-12:45 and then I need to get the car to the mechanic by 1 to be serviced. I thought Friday was going to be a leisurely day of 2-3 people and it's excellent that there are more, but because I already made the car appointment it means cramming them all into a short span of time! It also means I miss Friday morning allied health cake party :(
That's okay because the next couple of weekends are filled with work-related fun stuff. Saturday, I've been invited to a girl's night out with the OTs and physios from work. The following weekend, there's the allied health Christmas party at someone's house on Friday and then Saturday we are invited to Grace's to have dinner with her family. It was her last day at work today - she is taking the whole summer off, a first, because I've taken over all of the hospital patients. During previous years, she wouldn't take on private clients on the summer holidays (6 weeks) but was still obligated to see patients at the hospital and the aged care facilities. Now she can relax and prepare for the year ahead. She seems ready to take it on, and we've already made plans for regular coffee catch ups and I might be her 'chemo buddy' for some of the treatments. It will be an interesting year which I hope goes as smoothly as possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment