Parrots are really pretty and colourful. They're also terrifyingly screechy when they dart out of the bushes. Almost suffered a heart attack this afternoon thanks to one of those lovely creatures! Flying things seem to enjoy swooping scarily out of the bushes at me. When Jeremy and I walk to Yeronga (the suburb beside Fairfield) there's a certain tree that a giant bat lives in. Every time we walk by, it gives me quite the fright! Jeremy calls the bat my "friend" now. Not only my friend - but my best friend! Hah.
My week was looking pretty bleak but things got better today. Lets just say stats course + neglecting to fill out a form to take the exam in Australia + really mean admin lady at Carleton = tears before breakfast a couple of days in a row. Then Carleton admin lady being slightly less mean (but still awful) + UQ being awesome = feeling of triumphance and love for UQ/nice Australian admin people.
Also, I stayed late at work today because I had to make ghost costumes. How fun is my job? Sandra (boss lady) and I made them, then modelled them for Amy. I think I might need to bring in a camera tomorrow so I can see the fruits of my labour...haha. Aw, thinking of that just made me miss Paola and her crazy ketchup dance antics!
Jeremy just got some Anatomy Flash Cards and keeps identifying things for me so I suppose I'll give him my full attention now.
Just over three weeks till super duper yay visiting time!
No comments:
Post a Comment