Yep ladies and gentleman, in less than two weeks, Tracee will be here! We are going to have the greatest time. Plans have been made for Sydney, camping on Stradbroke Island (T, we decided to go camping on Cylinder Beach on Straddie...we don't need to rent a 4WD and it has a lot of facilities so you don't need to be afraid now...there's even a pub!!), the KOALA SANCTUARY (!!!) where you can also "cuddle" a croc, Fortitude Valley, Gold Coast, possibly Sunshine Coast, etc. Just to give you an idea of our camping location...voila, Exhibit A - Cylinder Beach:
I have an interview on Thursday with the Cerebral Palsy League as a "Family Assistant". They may not want me, since I don't have a car - but we'll see how the interview goes! It's a casual position, anywhere from 4 - 20 hours a week...and it would be nice to have the extra $$ as well as more experience with CP. I'll definitely be playing up my placement at the Rehabilitation Centre in Ottawa where I worked closely with a few patients who have CP - programming augmentative alternative communication devices, educating home workers on the use of the devices, consulting with the patients to develop personalized programs, etc. So...who knows!
Today was our first day in the new clinic. It's so much nicer! Unfortunately the phone and internet aren't hooked up yet, which is a bit of an issue! I'm able to remotely check the messages using Sandra's cell phone, but the reception is not the greatest and I keep getting disconnected while trying to book appointments!

In two weeks I'll be off the ashram in the bahamas... this looks just as good, and would probably be even better with fun, clever people like you. I hope you and Tracey have a blast! can't wait to see the pictures.
ReplyDeletePS - my parents give popsicles to their dogs. The dogs prefer vanilla ice-cream, but it makes them throw up.
Oh! Lucky you, that's awesome :) I would love to go to the Bahamas! I wish you were coming here though!!
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious about the dogs - I really had no idea. Who knew it was an international phenomenon???
Have a great time on your vacation - and keep in touch. I miss you!!