Tickets to Sydney are booked! We're heading there for Easter - should be wonderful. We want to get in everything we can in a few days time. Meeting up with Tracee who'll be flying in from Cairns after her Great Barrier Reef adventure - my little traveler! Hehe.
This week at work is fairly hectic. The office is moving - to bigger and better things! Right now space is limited and the bathroom is actually outside...with no sink. The new place is two floors and will have TWO bathrooms!! Wow. It will add a couple of km to my walk but as long as the weather stays under 30 degrees I'll be okay. Lately it hasn't been so stiflingly hot which makes the walk home a lot more pleasant even if I get rained on. There's actually been a breeze!!!!
More differences:
- no construction paper (at least, that's not what it's called here and people couldn't seem to figure it out from my description!)
- beets are called beetroot. "It's always beetroot, never beet!" Also, hamburgers usually have a "beetroot" on them as well as a fried egg??
- canteloupe = rockmelon
- red and green peppers are red and green CAPSICUM. Jeremy had informed me of this before we came here and it's very strange to get used to!! Imagine going to Subway and telling them you want capsicum on your sub...
- little pancakes are called pikelets! Aw...cute.
- Afternoon = arvo
This weekend I'm helping move the old office to the new office...it's not exactly the beach!
All my bags are packed I'm ready to go....ok well they aren't actually packed, but I did splurge and buy myself a fancy new carry on!
ReplyDeleteI booked my other tix. One of them went up by like $50...boo hiss x 50! But whatevs, it's still pretty cheap.
Mmmmm capsicum...just sounds so weird. I like pikelets though.