Friday, April 16, 2010

3/4 midterms finished! Jeremy should have finished writing a test about 10 minutes ago, so I'm sure that's a relief for him as well. Next week he has "Breaking Bad News", a pass/fail test with a standardized patient which is just what it sounds like. There will be a certain scenario given to him and he has to break bad news to the patient, according to some sort of criteria they've learned in class.

Today was also my first clinic day! It was awesome. First I sat in on my partner Jody's session with a 2 and a half year old. She was taking a case history and doing a parental interview, so I pretty much just played with the kid and his little brother while she was talking to mum. He wasn't very talkative but he was fun to play with. Then I had my session, which Jody sat in on. I got a little luckier (my child is 4) so that was good. I set him up with Jody and some toys while I talked to his mum. First real case history! I'm sure soon that won't be exciting at all, but it was today! Then I did an articulation screening and it actually went really well! He was so cooperative! We took a play break in the middle of it and then finished it up. The problem now is figuring out what to do next...it's funny because it's somewhat similar to what we did in the CDA Cornwall course except I'M IN CHARGE!

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be an awesome Speechie! I'm so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Tracee! you're an amazing nurse - and person in general! xx

    ReplyDelete