Monday, April 12, 2010

Easiest $44 I've ever made

So now that things have died down (although they haven't really, but let's pretend!) I've been shopping around for a job. I didn't want something really restricting since uni is getting demanding again and I don't think anything will happen to change that. Apparently this semester is a bit of a free ride, then the rest of it is crazy busy...so anyway...I thought that babysitting/tutoring might be a decent option. I put a posting on a website advertising myself for $22 an hour and people are actually contacting me! This evening I babysat for two hours...which pretty much consisted of me studying for my midterm while the kid did his homework. I checked over his reading comprehension with him and helped him with any answers he had made mistakes on. After he had done homework for half an hour, he was allowed half an hour of play, then another half hour of homework, then play. It was awesome! He'll be a regular on Mondays, and his dad is going to call me for random times when he needs someone. Then there's a 5 year old girl just around the corner from me (so convenient!!!!!) who I'll be looking after as well.

Today has been a day of study. Child Language - I have a hatred for this subject. Who knew there could be so many theories and models and perspectives....argh. One small amusement was when I checked my email and there was an e-mail from the UQ Speech Pathology Association inviting everyone enrolled in speech pathology (undergrad and masters) to a day of "Lawn Bowels". Muhahahaha. That e-mail got spent to a few hundred people and it said Bowels instead of Bowls, right in the title too. Small things entertain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment