ANZAC DAY WEEKEND! Today is a lovely day, because it marks the start of a long weekend. I had my second therapy session this morning and it went...alright. It's really intimidating to have to set goals and implement them and pick games that are fun for a four year old while still targeting certain sounds and putting ends on words, etc. Why won't someone tell me what to do?? Hold my hand!!! No really though, it's a great learning experience and you do learn so much more when you're actually doing it without the hand-holding. I'm in love with my therapy partner Jody's kid...he so adorable! We had a great time today and it's much less stressful when I'm simply meant to be entertaining rather than making progress!
Jeremy and I are having a little shindig tonight. We're breaking out the Ottopig and I guess it's kind of a second annual Lasagna Party as well! Two large lasagnas are sitting in the fridge just waiting to be devoured. Hayley just texted to say she's bringing caesar salad, garlic bread, and Anzac cookies, Amelia and Lisa are bringing homemade chocolate peanut butter brownies, and Lindsay (a guy in Jeremy's PBL...the aforementioned girls are all speechies) is bringing another salad. There are quite a few more people coming so who knows what surprises might be in store...
Monday is a holiday so we have plans with Jess to drive up to a swimming hole about 40 minutes away from Brisbane. Perhaps it will be reminiscent of a lake...those are sadly lacking in these parts. Today would have been a perfect cottage day, actually. For a "Fall" day it sure was warm. Of course it's on a clinic day when I'm wearing pants and two shirts and proper shoes!
No comments:
Post a Comment