Hi Karen,
Now you get your own post dedicated to you, since you are currently in our spare bedroom!
So today Jeremy's mom's cousin (I don't know what that technically makes her...second cousin? cousin once removed? I don't feel like figuring this out!) flew in from Sydney for a short but sweet visit. She brought me books (which ensures that she is always welcome here) and I'm super excited to read them! We went to South Bank and then took a ferry ride over to the other side of the city to the river. The sun was setting as we were crossing the river and the sky was spectacular...pink and gold and purple and blue. We walked down Queen St Mall and explored a book store...it was a whirlwind tour of Brisbane! The best we could do in a few hours before dark. We came home and Jeremy made this DELICIOUSSSSSS pasta/blue cheese/cream sauce/vegie (in Australia, they spell veggies with only one g, true story!) dish and just sat out on the payshio and had a lovely chat. Tomorrow we are heading out for an early breakfast, and then that's it - she catches a flight back to Sydney and hopefully we'll see her again soon (we can make it an annual thing...hehe).
Child Language is really getting me down though. We have a midterm next week and it's soooooooooooo boring and no one in the class has any idea what to study. We switched profs halfway through because our first one got sick and now the new one is changing everything and we're sad. I'm going to Noosa with my friend Hayley for the weekend and we have made a solemn promise that we will study on the 3.5 hour public transit ride. Let's hope we're a good influence on each other!
Hi Karen!! This time last year I was visiting you. Wish I was there with you guys again!
ReplyDelete