Sunday, June 13, 2010

A day at the races!

Another Aussie milestone - my day at the races! My feet are still very angry with me as I jammed them into very high heels and spent a lot of time walking around. By the end of the day, I probably looked about 100 years old as I hobbled around on very sore feet. It was such a relief to get those damn shoes off! I must say, we were quite the fetching group though. Quite accidentally all the girls were wearing black/cream/gold outfits. I'll have to steal some pictures so I can post a picture of us all fancy. I went with my lovely friend Jess and her family and some of their friends who came up from Coff's Harbour for the occasion. It was pretty cool to see all the women dressed up, some with crazy fascinators and thousand dollar dresses. My friend Marion was there with her boyfriend and his friend and we met up with her which was a nice surprise.

After the races, it was back to the Bunker household for food and hanging out and good times! I think they might suspect that Jeremy isn't actually real, since I tend to adopt them as my family when he's in Canada. They have such a great place for entertaining/being entertained. Jess' brother Glenn and I had a few Celine Dion and Cher duets, which was quite enjoyable (for us, at least). Now back to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment