You can probably tell from my whining and my brief abandonment of this blog that I've been hard at work. Yes, probably harder than I've ever studied before. Hasn't been the most enjoyable 2.5 weeks of my life, I must say! Yesterday at 8 am I got Child Language out of the way and then today at 2:15 I spent 25 minutes writing my Hearing and ENT exam. BEST EXAM EVER. Sadly, there is still one left this week and it's Voice, which is the bane of my existence. Muscle tension dysphonia, conversion aphonia, polyps, nodules, etc...I just don't care about you!
So yesterday, with what can only be described as the best timing ever, Baldwin, a friend from home dropped by for a couple of days. He's spent the last three months traveling around Australia & NZ and just happened to be passing through Brisbane at which can only be described as the most stressful time of the year so far! Damn exams. I told him he was welcome to stay but he couldn't expect any sort of fun or entertainment, which is really a shame because I love showing people around Brisbane! I took a study break while he regaled me with backpacker stories. Then we sat on couches and he did computer stuff while I studied. I'm sure it was the highlight of his trip...hahaha. Hopefully he'll get a chance to come back once exams are over and Jeremy is here and we can actually be fun people rather than the boring lump that I am right now!
My house has also apparently been designated the study group house, which is fine with me since it means I don't have to take the bus to a random suburb. Our place is quite close to the uni and close to the river, so it works for people who live on the north side and the south side. It's also roomy enough and, well, there's Quelf. We had a study sesh last Saturday and it also happened to be Alastair's birthday. What a horrible way to spend your birthday! We tried to make it as fun as possible. First of all, he brought his girlfriend, so at least they got to spend time together, even if it did consist of her reading on a chair while we discussed autism intervention approaches, mirror neuron theory, early literacy, theory of mind, and so on. I made a big veggie lasagna for everyone, Jules & Nicole brought garlic bread and snacks, and Hayley made a yummy b-day cake. We studied, and ate, and by the time the cake came out we were ready to stop for the day. This also happened to be when Alastair said: "Hey, what's that?" and pointed to my game of QUELF. Needless to say, we spent the next couple of hours laughing hysterically while playing Quelf and eating b-day cake. Surprisingly enough, after the exam yesterday we all felt quite good about it. So there you go.
Just a couple more days till i am exam-free, and then a couple days after that Jeremy will be home!
Hi, I am an American that applied through OZTREKK to UQ for Speech Path! I got accepted and have been researching and stumbled upon your site!! I would love to talk to you about your experience, I have until July 16th to send in my deposit/make up my mind. Please email me if you get the chance: janine.bonura@gmail.com
ReplyDelete