Done clinic! Done evaluation! Done classes! (At least for this semester) I'll miss working with my Friday client. He was awesome. My clinical educator said it was "a delight' to tune in and watch me each week and that she thinks I'll be an excellent speech pathologist. Woohoo! Kind of anti-climactic since we're not really doing anything due to impending exams. Oh well!
I also found out something excellent yesterday. The Canadian students need to take an Audiology course to become accredited in Canada and UQ offers us a course - but everyone (even the GEMS coordinator) says it's really hard and really adds to the course load. I *really* didn't want to do it, especially considering I'm not interested in Audiology at all, but it's something I'll have to do if I want to go back home and work. So anyway, one of my Canadian friends found out about this online course from a university in the US. We talked to the GEMS coordinator and apparently a couple of other students have done this in the past and the Canadian association accepts it. Not only would it be way less difficult, I would literally save a few thousand dollars. So we've all decided to go the distance ed route. Next semester seems way less daunting now :)
Sounds like great news! And I agree with your teacher, as I've said all along, you will be GREAT! (and sounds like you already are!)
ReplyDelete