Thursday, June 3, 2010

This was going to be a funny post about my ridiculous directional skills. However, now it will have to be a kind of funny story with an annoying ending.

I decided to run some errands with the car this afternoon. I had some things to pick up for therapy as well as a few random other things so I thought I'd go to the nearest Target. Usually I'd walk or take the bus, but no...this time I thought practicing my driving skills would be a great idea, plus then I could get back quicker and have more time to work on my final therapy session and all the evaluation bits and pieces that are required for my evaluation tomorrow. So I headed to Target, which is about a 45 minute walk but a very quick drive. It was all good, except instead of going straight to then turn into the shopping centre, I turned left thinking there would be an entrance along that side of the mall. Well...there wasn't. So I thought I'd just keep driving and eventually turn right and then turn around and go back the way I came. Except...there was nowhere to turn right, and all of a sudden I was in the Clem 7 Tunnel, this new cross-city super fast tunnel with a toll...I got off at the first exit, sure enough, right across town at about 4:30 pm. Since I am actually kind of awesome, I found my way back by taking various highways (except it took forever, being rush hour and all). I was SO PROUD of my Brisbane City adventure and how I had driven on roads that were scary to me with tons of cars and everything was all good.

So I make it back to Target and am waiting for a parking spot and this lady in an SUV backs into me going really fast and smashes up the front of my car. Yep, the whole front, even though i was really far away from her. I guess she figured that going full speed while reversing out of a parking spot was a brilliant idea. It was in a really busy mall parking lot, so a bunch of people rushed over to see if I was okay and they all said it was totally her fault. Awesome ending. Oh yeah, and Target didn't have ANY of the things I wanted. Oh, and earlier today I spilled scalding hot tea on my hand!! Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment