Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ah, Sunday

I feel aimless on a day that I'm not frantically rushing around from one showing to the next!

Last night the student (well, ex-student - he finished his degree but is staying here and hoping to get permanent residency) from Malaysia came up for dinner with Wendy, Jeremy and I. His name is "Gee". He won't actually tell us his real name because he's confident we won't be able to pronounce it! We had spinach and ricotta cannelloni with kangaroo meat in the tomato sauce. (Did I mention that Wendy and Jeremy are taking turns cooking dinner and we are being absolutely spoiled??) We had a nice relaxing evening sitting out on the back patio. Wendy has some pretty fantastic stories (and some are about you, Ross!) so it's always fun to sit and chat.

Australian lingo - so far my favourites are:

Chook - chicken
Gobsmacked - I think it means shocked/bewildered/surprised??

Jeremy would probably agree that these are the best words so far. He keeps calling me his "chook" which always makes me laugh!

We're trying to figure out how to spend the day today. So many options...

So far the morning has been somewhat productive. I made a pancake breakfast this morning, and Jim was in charge of the bacon. We gave the two regular chefs the morning off. It's a change from our usual light breakfast, but I suppose this is what a good Sunday breakfast is!

Yesterday we climbed to the highest point in Brisbane for the second time. We might make it a daily thing! Brisbane = no need for a gym membership!

Now I'm just rambling, so off I go to start the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment