Thursday, January 29, 2009
The Joys of a New (Old) House
Sometimes, timing is hilarious. This morning I was in the shower when all of a sudden, water exploded everywhere because something had become detached. I was fretting over this, because I didn't want to have to call the rental agent again (I had already spoken to her earlier in the morning about this home phone fiasco we're having) but having showers is definitely a necessity! At that exact moment the doorbell rang, and who could it be but - THE PLUMBER! He was supposed to come yesterday but couldn't make it. I guess his Spidey sense was tingling at the right moment, because I had just rendered our shower completely useless. (Unfortunately I was still *in* the shower at the time the doorbell rang, which made for a bit of a comical situation). He came in to have a look (at the SHOWER, okay?? I had vacated by this time) and then left again to go get the parts he needed to fix it. About an hour later, he was back and voila - within 10 minutes he had completely fixed the mangled shower and the kitchen faucet that was giving us trouble. Our little old '70s house is slowly becoming up to date, with every visit by a tradesperson (plumber, locksmith, etc). NOW JUST GIVE US A PHOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE LINE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment