Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kangaroo kebabs

Our first dinner in Australia was a real Australian experience - at first we thought our hosts, Wendy and Jim, were kidding when they said kangaroo steaks but nope! They were pretty good! Kinda like beef. We had watermelon with feta cheese for dessert. Who would have thought?

I'm a tiny bit sunburned (whoops, I promise to be more careful!) Actually, it was on the way to buy sunscreen that I got my sunburn. Oh, the irony...or something...

Jeremy had an info session at UQ today. I walked around the campus and a bit off campus, went down to Brisbane river (where apparently there are MUD SHARKS????) and then met up with him for the Ozztrek BBQ. Met some of his future classmates (D'Arcy wouldn't approve as 98% of them were Canadian) but they seemed pretty fun and we were shown around a couple of malls later on by two Torontonians who've been here since December 5th and have settled in.

Tomorrow - big focus on finding our own place - I WANT TO UNPACK MY HUGE BAGS!!!! For now, just waiting to eat the yummy dinner that Jeremy is whipping up. Mmmmm. We totally deserve it, as today has been filled with hiking around EVERYWHERE, including home from the mall when we missed the last bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment