Today was Jeremy's first day of medical school! I got up early with him and made him an omelette (protein! brain food!) and took a picture of him as he left. Then I went back to bed!! Hehe. He's not back yet, so I'll have to wait a little longer to hear how it was.
So we're in our house now, and settling in. At first I was a bit iffy about it (What do you mean, cockroaches are NORMAL???) but I'm liking it more and more. Jim took us out to buy some necessities - garbage can, cockroach killer, ant killer, etc. I think he sees me as some paranoid obsessive fanatic bug killer! But seriously!!!! Anyway, there was never a huge problem with the pests and I think they had been bug bombed before we moved in (that's why there were a whole bunch of dead ones) but I feel better knowing that I sent out traps that are supposed to kill the nest. MRAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Um...yes.
Friday night we went to a "barbie" - no shrimp on the barbie, though - sorry to disappoint you! It was at Jim and Wendy's daughter's place (both of their daughters, Sarah and Chantal, live in a kind of commune type thingy...a huge house converted into 4 different apartments). No shrimp, but there were mussel fritters and lamb!! Who knew that a girl so picky as a child could learn to enjoy these things?? Yes, they were tasty. We had a great time, and I even met some Irish folk (Sarah's boyfriend's parents were visiting).
Saturday Wendy took us out to troll the shops for more house things - we got a queen size mattress, a table for the dining room, a desk for Jeremy's studies...add that to the things that the Eastwell's lent us and we are well on our way to decent living conditions!!! Hehe.
Aside from that - tomorrow the job search takes off in a huge way, so wish me luck. Jeremy and I have been walking around and exploring the neighbourhood - we are within a half hour (or less) walking range to so many things! Library, grocery store, Target, the P.A. Hospital where he'll be doing a placement, many fabulous parks, a great outdoor swimming pool and so much more!
It was great talking with Kathy and Ross on Skype the other day - EVERYONE SHOULD FOLLOW THEIR LEAD!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment