Saturday, January 31, 2009

Now that I have a bit more time, le me elaborate on the job situation. I'll be working for Speechnet, which is run by Dr Sandra McMahon (PhD in Speech Pathology) who has also previously been a lecturer at UQ in the Master's in SLP. (Connections!!!) It's only 20 hours/week so I'll probably find another job for the afternoon/evenings but I'm really happy because she was the first speech path I e-mailed and BOOM - job! It's even fairly close to our place, if you take my walking shortcut (which involves walking up a massive & steep hill) and then taking the bus. So that's pretty exciting.

Meanwhile, Jeremy has been doing things to hearts and thighs and whatnot. Okay fine - not actually *doing things* but at least looking at them and writing about them! The hospital that he's doing his clinical stuff at this year is the Princess Alexandra which is walking distance, so that's also pretty fantastic. It's HUGE!

Last night, Sarah & Brian introduced us to this sweet restaurant/pub place where you pick out your steak, buy it for $10 and cook it yourself on the huge BBQ they have there. It was delicious - and the salad bar was included. Yum! A friend from high school, Dan Goodes (yep, Dave's little bro for you hospital people) is about to arrive in Australia and will be in Brisbane at the end of February so you can be sure that he will have the steak experience!!!

Tonight we should be heading back to the scene of our Australia Day festivities. Friends of ours have this amazingly ideal apartment in South Brisbane. They're on the 5th floor of an apartment building, which just happens to be the location of the outdoor pool and grill area. Basically, you open their sliding glass door and there's a lovely pool just sitting there, waiting to be used - and you can look down on Brisbane while swimming! There has also been talk of celebratory cider with my name on it waiting for me, as congratulations for my new job! (I'm spoiled).

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is such awesome news. I miss you like crazy, but I am so happy that things seem to be working out so great for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too! It's not the same without you!

    ReplyDelete