I got news from the vet today that Max failed his rabies titre test and may be a rabies "non-responder" - whatever that means! That might be bad news. So, uh, Shane, how do you feel about having a cat for the next four years? Stupid cat! Why did I have to pick the cat who only had one testicle so when I got him fixed they had to do invasive surgery (double the price) and dig around for the other one in his abdominal cavity AND now he's a rabies non-responder??? I swear, he does it on purpose just to be a jerk!
We get the keys today, hip hip hooray!
Yesterday Jeremy had some sort of school thingamabob for all the international students. Speeches and whatnot. I wasn't invited so I did other useful things, such as get a certified bank cheque for our bond and rent. He called me at about 4 pm - the last stop on the international student's agenda was a pub caled The Regatta and he had decided to stay. I made my way there, and have now decided that medical students are just as fun as nursing students, to my delight! Let's have a brief rundown of some of the people I met...
Eric - the very drunk 22 year old med student, fresh out of his undergrad. His dad is the CEO of 4 hospitals in Toronto (he told me this many times). He spent much of the night being hilarious and sloppily hitting on girls, which was amusing to watch. His antics led me to meet...
Rena - girl from Kingston who is a fun dance partner, totally gets "the claw" (there may be some pictures floating around out there) and who I hope to see more of!
Lochlan - the token Aussie who met up with some of the Canadian students and wormed his way in by letting them crash on his floor for free. Blond, surfer looking, my idea of the stereotypical Aussie!
Soo - (short for something Korean) Describes himself as "the horniest virgin you'll ever meet". He's 23, engaged to be married in about 5 months, and counting down the days until...you know...
4th year med student/ex-president of something-or-other Australian guy whose name we didn't quite get - spent the night attempting to grope me despite the many "I'm married" parts of the conversation, "Let's take a picture JUST THE TWO OF US", and so on. Jeremy's take on the situation: "He's the best looking guy here; it's a compliment!"
Kim - the self proclaimed stats geek with a 4.0 average who STILL couldn't get into med school in Canada (what do they want??????) and who gave me her e-mail address so I can pick her brain with stats questions if the need arises. Her fiance is here...
Donovan - the aforementioned fiance. He's "the money" (a biomedical engineer) who is currently looking for work.
That wasn't so brief, was it? Well, you're lucky I stopped there! All in all, a good night, even though my favourite song (American Boy) came on as we were leaving and Jeremy wouldn't let me stay. BUT IT WAS AMERICAN BOY!!!!!!!! Oh well :P
Hey Leana!
ReplyDeleteMiss you! Happy you got a place for me to crash when I come visit you in 465 days! lol not too sure but somewhere around then.... my Australia fund is growing each pay!
I'm sending you this message here because facebook is being stupid!
So... I just called my cell phone provider and found out that international texting is unlimited with my plan but only if you are with a provider which my provider has an agreement with. Hope you are either with "Hutchison Australia" or "Vodaphone Australia" Hoping... let me know.
Love you! Sorry I missed you call... call me again!
Ro