I woke up at 8:30 in my extremely comfortable king sized bed with a duck down mattress topper. Sleeping in it is heavenly. Sleeping till 8:30 on a Monday is also heavenly. Jeremy was up at 6 am and I felt so grateful that I could stay in bed for a couple more hours. Looking at this picture, I can see we should really get something to put on the wall - looks quite bare!
While having breakfast, I tend to peruse what's been happening while I was asleep. In this case, I started my day off smiling thanks to a video that my friend Carolyne posted. It's two 100 year old ladies who have been best friends for almost their whole lives, and she tagged me in it. I also opened my e-mail account to see that I have been invited through SkillSelect to apply for permanent residency (more about that later in the day!)
My first stop of the day
![]() |
| Popped into this aged care residence to do a lunch time review |
I love checking the mail when I get home! Normally there really isn't anything exciting, but today was lucky - a wedding invitation for our good friends Jen and Chris. (Good thing we're invited, since we already bought our flights - SUPER CHEAP THROUGH TIGER AIRWAYS - to go to the wedding at the beginning of April). I'm loving the relaxed vibe of the whole thing and I am really excited about it. Jeremy is actually going to be their officiant and one of our friends might be playing some music at the ceremony/reception as well.
After checking the mail, I had to go see what my friends were up to. The orange one at the top is Mackerel and the grey/black/white one is Salmon. Mac's favourite things are lying in the dirt (beside our peach tree - you can see a few ripe peaches on the ground), murdering wild life (sadly), and being terrified of everyone/everything, although he does like a good belly rub. Sam is a lazy one - he likes sprawling around outside and in various places in the house. He's a nice cuddly cat and not much of a hunter. He was in a playful mood when I took this picture.
We decided to grab some things at the local Woolies. Jeremy is having a look at the meat section an trying to ignore me taking a picture. For some reason, today for the first time he took one of those wheel-y rolling basket things.
Back to the permanent residency/visa stuff from this morning. I thought it would probably be best to just get the damn thing over with, so I spent about 45 minutes diligently filling in the forms online. The best part was when I got to pay $5280 for the application!
This is one of my favourite day time and evening activities - sitting out back with a book. I used to sit in the hammock, but then our friend Claire moved to Melbourne and stored a lot of her stuff at our place. When Jeremy saw the giant blue bean bag, he knew that I would be quite happy if I could use it until the movers come to pick Claire's stuff up. I don't know what I will do when it goes away!
Jeremy working away at the dinner preparations while I do dishes from earlier in the day. We have a good system - whoever cooks, doesn't have to clean. He's in a happy mood because he unexpectedly found out the he has three (paid) days off starting tomorrow. From here we will eat, watch a bit of TV, print off some resources for work tomorrow, probably read some more and head off to bed.













Those old ladies were the best! I also really liked Salmon (He's the one who looks like he is the in the middle of a very serious hunt right?) Congrats on applying for PR. Gee aren't you lucky, $5,000+ application fee! Oh boy! Lol.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with your visa process. I'm currently working on mine so I know what a pain that is. Lovely kitties!
ReplyDelete