For someone who has been writing in this blog for five years (and LiveJournal for a long time before that!) I am still not very bloggy! This challenge is the most I have delved into the blog world and I'm quite enjoying it. I have a few friends with blogs, and sometimes I read up on speech pathology blogs such as Dysphagia Cafe, Ozark Speechie, and The Appy Ladies.
One blog that I randomly stumbled across (which has gained an enormous following even though she rarely writes in it anymore) is called Hyperbole and a Half. (Look! I did another linky thing!) The writer is absolutely hilarious. She tells life stories in cartoon format and they kill me every time. Favourite entries include "Menace" and "The God of Cake". She really has a knack for keeping people amused and entertained. Another thing that I like is that she has addressed her struggles with mental health issues/depression in her blog. She is a person with such talent and many fans, and she chose to write about these serious things in her own way. If you read the comments, you can see that her story has touched many people. I appreciate her efforts.
What a great and creative blog to share.
ReplyDeleteLove Hyperbole and a Half. I, too, wish we'd hear more from her, but the post she wrote on explaining her depression taught me so much. I thought she was really brave for writing that.
ReplyDeleteI suffer from depression, too. I just read her posts about it and sat here and cried and cried. I loved it. I could never put into words what was happening to me. I couldn't follow her blog, though. When I tried, I got an error message that said she already had the maximum amount of followers. Wow!
ReplyDelete