I decided to just go with the last restaurant I really enjoyed - an Argentinian place on Rundle St in Adelaide that does amazing steak. Funnily enough, I actually ate there last night! Jeremy and I went with our friend Jane (fellow carnivore) to enjoy some meaty goodness. We had been for the first time about four months ago and all left with very happy mouths and stomachs, so thought we would try to recreate this feeling.
They give you a bowl of black olives on the table which you can munch on while you wait to order. I don't normally like black olives, but these are special tasty ones. Last night, I went for the 'Bife de Lomo' which was not so adventurous, as I had it last time - but it was just so good! Jeremy and Jane went wild and each ordered 'Parrillada de Carne' which translates into meat parade. It consisted of
a mix of pork belly, chicken, quail, beef skewer, chorizo and lamb chops.* Black pudding, kidney and liver optional extra * All plates come with a side of crispy fried potatoes, and we ordered some green vegetables on the side. My steak was cook to perfection - medium rare - and exploded with delicious flavour in every bite. Jeremy and Jane both quite enjoyed the quail and lamb, thought the pork belly and chicken were pretty decent, but were not as excited by the beef skewer and chorizo. That is just SO MUCH MEAT! We paired it with a Malbec which was divine. The service was alright, not as excellent as our first visit, but nothing to complain about. The setting is pleasant and on my favourite Adelaide street. Most of all, the steak is extremely yummy. It was my best steak of 2013...will it make the top of the 2014 list? Only time will tell...
I wasn't special enough to have my picture taken since I did not get the meat parade, but here are Jane and Jeremy in all their meaty glory!


No comments:
Post a Comment