The topic of today's post is: I would/would not move to another country after this.
It's hard to say. We were originally going to stay here for 4 years and then head back to Canada. Then we decided to stay until Jeremy finishes his GP training (another four years). Now it looks like we might just...stay.
We both feel really at home here in Adelaide (despite most of our good friends being in Queensland or elsewhere) and how could you not fall in love with this place?
Then again, I really did always like Ottawa and besides the obvious (family/friends) it has a lot of good points as well.
Not to mention, there are hundreds of countries out there that I have never lived in! I would have to say that at this point, it looks like we will be staying in Adelaide for the time being, but that doesn't mean I would never live anywhere else. I'm pretty open to exploring whatever options come along! In fact, we could have just as easily ended up in New Zealand after Brisbane, since Jeremy also applied to do his training there. I think that right now, we are where we're supposed to be.


Ah, the life of the expat, I think sometimes taking at as it comes is the very best you can do. So difficult to make decisions about forever.
ReplyDeleteYes, I feel very wishy-washy in my decision making. It's such a BIG decision!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Samantha. I feel accomplished if I've made decisions for the next few months.
ReplyDeletePermanent residency was a huge decision and lots of money! Since we're in the middle of that now, I guess we're sticking around for awhile :P It's nice after four years of having no idea where we'd end up to have a bit of a future picture in mind :)
ReplyDelete